Successful, high income younger professional who is raising a family and accumulating wealth both inside and outside of retirement plans. Equity compensation is becoming a larger part of the compensation structure and the wealth accumulation is outpacing the planning and strategy in place.
- Cash is accumulating outside retirement plans and, with no consistent investment strategy in place, the money is not working for the client.
- There is either no existing advisory relationship or the current relationship is a broker who makes recommendations on products without a comprehensive strategy.
- No investment coordination between investments inside and outside of retirement plans.
- With income increasing, significant taxes are being paid, with little conversation around proactive tax planning.
- They are unsure of their plans to fund college for their kids and don’t have a strategy setup to accomplish their goals.
- While they are successful in their career, they do not want to work forever, and are uncertain how much money they need to retire.
- With no time to build an estate plan, their estate documents are left unfinished.
- They’ve been sold various life insurance policies over the years, but don’t understand their need, nor amount of coverage needed for protection.
HOW FAIRWAY HELPS
- Develops an integrated investment strategy that coordinates the investments inside and outside of retirement plans into a cohesive portfolio.
- Facilitate conversations around future goals: when do you want to retire, what kind of college education do you want to fund for your children, what are your legacy goals, what are your retirement lifestyle goals?
- Build out long-term cash flow plans that provide a context for long-term decision making.
- Annual tax planning and reviews to ensure that the client is structuring their earning and savings in the most tax efficient manner possible.
- Introduce an attorney and provide leadership in the estate planning process.
- Help in understanding equity compensation structures and utilizing those plans to provide the maximum benefit with an eye towards the overall portfolio concentration and tax efficiency.
- Simplify insurance portfolio and eliminate high cost and unnecessary permanent policies.
- Client has a strategy for income and savings that allows them to know what to do with their cash and investments without stressing over each decision.
- Clarity around their future goals and their plan to achieve them helps them enjoy the present.
- A comprehensive approach to tax efficiency helps maximize the dollars they can save today.
- A single investment strategy, aligned with long-term goals, and with an eye on optimizing after-tax returns.
- They receive comprehensive reporting that allows them to know exactly how their investments are performing and provides constant transparency.
- Instead of money dictating life, wealth now facilitates lifestyle.
These descriptions are hypothetical and are not client endorsements.